T5A – Hopkins Garifuna Cultural Experience
$142 per person
The Garifuna people make up just four percent of Belize’s population, but they are one of the country’s most iconic cultures. An Afro-Caribbean people, the Garifuna are renowned for their traditional drumming, iconic foods, and music.
Participants will enjoy authentic, home-cooked Garifuna foods while enjoying a live performance of traditional Garifuna drumming. An introductory Garifuna drumming lesson is also included.
All our prices are listed in USD and are exclusive of 12.5% sales tax
This is a full hands-on activity. From picking coconuts, to milking them to making Hudut (food), enjoying the meal you made, followed by dessert and music.
Possibly, the Dangriga Cultural Tour may be of interest to you. This includes a visit to Marie Sharp’s Fine Foods Factory, Gullissi Garifuna Museum, and the legendary artist, Pen Cayetano’s studio.
7 years old+
What to wear:
Cool comfortable clothing for this subtropical climate.
What to bring:
An adventurous mindset, bug spray, sun block, your medication and comfortable shoes.
Cost:US $142 PP
Bottled water, lunch, transportation, tour guide
Departs: 8am – Returns: 4pm
Roundtrip travel time: 2.5 hours
Easy – This is an off the beaten path tour that allows you to immerse yourself with the local culture: history, food and music. Enjoy an amazing culinary experience with authentic local cuisine, followed by Garifuna drumming lesson.
Questions about this? Send us an email or call +(501) 523-3066 or WhatsApp/direct dial +(501) 629-9602. We will love to help you plan your Belize tours and activities.
All tours need a minimum number of participants to be confirmed.
Tours may be cancelled because of unsafe weather conditions and if minimum number of participants requirement is not met. We promise to update you as soon as possible if there are any changes with your tour.
To confirm any reservation a valid AMEX, Master Card, or Visa credit card is required at booking.
We appreciate your trust in us and we promise to provide you with peace of mind when you book with Barefoot Services.
We encourage you to purchase Travel Insurance to cover cancellation fees or date changes or unforeseen circumstances, we have no control over.
- To confirm your booking, a deposit of 50% is required immediately, full payment must be received within 16 days of service begin date.
- Kindly note that the confirmation invoice reflects charges in BZE Dollars.
- Barefoot Services reserves the right to charge client’s credit card a reservation deposit
- Cancellations are only accepted in writing.
- Cancellations received more than 15 days prior to service begin date receive 85% refund.
- Cancellations received within 15 days of service begin date receive 65% refund
- Cancellations received within 7 days of service begin date receive 45% refund
- Cancellations received within 3 days of service begin date receive no refund
- 90% of all cancellation fees outside the 3 days mark (immediately above) may be held on account for use for up to 6 months. These funds are non-transferable.
Please note: After availability is confirmed, we will email you a confirmation.