This tour gives visitors the unique opportunity to explore Dangriga, the thriving cultural capital of Belize and the birthplace of several of the country’s indigenous musical genres, including punta and punta rock.
The Dangriga cultural tour is a great way to get off the standard tourist path and get a taste of authentic local life in Belize. Participants will get a chance to meet with locals, listen to traditional music, and eat genuine cuisine made from scratch.
The first stop of the tour is at the Marie Sharp hot sauce factory, home of the country’s international award-winning sauces and other local delicacies. From there, the tour continues onto the Gulisi Garifuna Museum dedicated to celebrating the heritage of Belize’s unique Garifuna people. After exiting the museum, the tour will continue to a nearby thatched roof structure where participants will be treated to a performance of traditional Garifuna drumming. During the performance, participants will get a chance to eat hudut, a traditional Garifuna dish made from fresh local ingredients.
Following the drumming, the tour will continue to visit the studio slash home of Pen Cayetano, the man whom many consider to be Belize’s greatest living artist. A maker of drums, a painter, singer, guitarist, and songwriter, Cayetano’s studio contains a large selection of art and musical instruments.
All tours need a minimum number of participants to be confirmed.
Tours may be cancelled because of unsafe weather conditions and if minimum number of participants requirement is not met. We promise to update you as soon as possible if there are any changes with your tour.
Please read our policies relating to individual (not group or packages) services being booked
eg: Ground transfer, day trips or rental equipment.
To confirm any reservation a valid AMEX, Master Card, or Visa credit card is required at booking.
We appreciate your trust in us and we promise to provide you with peace of mind when you book with Barefoot Services.
We encourage you to purchase Travel Insurance to cover cancellation fees, date changes or unforeseen circumstances we have no control over.
Standard Individual DEPOSIT POLICY
* To confirm your booking, a nonrefundable deposit of US $25 is required immediately per service.
* Full payment will be processed within 16 days of the service begin date.
* Kindly note that the confirmation email may reflect fees in both US and BZE Dollars.
* Barefoot Services reserves the right to charge or not charge your credit card a reservation deposit.
Standard Individual CANCELLATION POLICY
* Cancellations are only accepted in writing to BarefootServicesBelize@Gmail.com
* Cancellations received more than 15 days prior to service begin date receive full refund minus the nonrefundable US $25.00 paid, per service cost.
* Cancellations received within 15 days of service begin date receive 85% refund.
* Cancellations received within 7 days of service begin date receive 50% refund.
* Cancellations received within 3 days of service begin date do not qualify for a refund.
Standard Individual DEPOSIT AND CANCELLATION POLICY for services during
the date period December 20 through January 10.
(These dates are in high demand, we will be sold out. Please only book if you are absolutely sure.)
*Cancellations received within 15 days of service begin date do not qualify for a refund.
Before reserving a personalized package, general package or a group booking, please re read our DEPOSIT AND CANCELLATION POLICIES for Personalize packages, general packages and Group Bookings for any date. This may have been sent to your email. Or simply ask us for it.
We encourage you to purchase Travel Insurance to cover cancellation fees or date changes or unforeseen circumstances, we have no control over.