T9 – Actun Tunichil Muknal Tour (ATM Cave)
$196 per person
Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM) Cave was rated by the Discovery Channel as the number one Sacred Cave in the world. Only accessible by swimming across a spring-fed pool, ATM contains hundreds of relics which have laid undisturbed for more than a millennia. At the far end of the cave lie the bones of more than a dozen men, women, and children who were ritually slaughtered by the ancient Maya.
All our prices are listed in USD and are exclusive of 12.5% sales tax
What to Wear
Cool comfortable jungle attire for this subtropical climate.
What to Bring
An adventurous mindset, bug repellant, sun block, your medication, comfortable and well-threaded shoes, a pair of socks and a change of clothing for after water activities.
Cost:US $196 PP
Transportation, tour guide and gear, park fees, lunch, bottled water and towels.
Departs: 6:00 AM
Returns: 6:00 PM
RT travel time: 5 hours
Intense – Officially called Actun Tunichil Muknal, the ATM Cave is a series of underground spaces measuring several kilometers long that were once used by the ancient Maya for a variety of ceremonial and religious purposes. Today, the ATM cave system is reached by hiking across a series of streams and then climbing, swimming and making your way deep into the caverns to clamber up to a raised area that contains ceramics, stoneware and ritual objects left behind by Maya priests. The most popular attraction at the ATM Cave is the complete remains of a young woman who was sacrificed in the cave. Over the centuries, her bones started to crystallize, giving her body a shimmering appearance that earned her the nickname of the Crystal Maiden.
Exploring the ATM Cave is restricted to individuals who are in good health as visitors will have to both climb rocky surfaces as well as swim across deep water to reach the where Maya artifacts can be viewed.
Questions about this tour? Send us an email or call +(501) 523-3066 or WhatsApp/direct dial +(501) 629-9602. We will love to help you plan your Belize tours and activities.
All tours need a minimum number of participants to be confirmed.
Tours may be cancelled because of unsafe weather conditions and if minimum number of participants requirement is not met. We promise to update you as soon as possible if there are any changes with your tour.
To confirm any reservation a valid Master Card, Visa, or AMEX credit card is required at booking.
We appreciate your trust in us and we promise to provide you with peace of mind when you book with Barefoot Services.
We encourage you to purchase Travel Insurance to cover cancellation fees or date changes or unforeseen circumstances, we have no control over.
- To confirm your booking, a deposit of 50% is required immediately, full payment must be received within 16 days of service begin date.
- Kindly note that the confirmation invoice reflects charges in BZE Dollars.
- Barefoot Services reserves the right to charge client’s credit card a reservation deposit
- Cancellations are only accepted in writing.
- Cancellations received more than 15 days prior to service begin date receive 85% refund.
- Cancellations received within 15 days of service begin date receive 65% refund
- Cancellations received within 7 days of service begin date receive 45% refund
- Cancellations received within 3 days of service begin date receive no refund
- 90% of all cancellation fees outside the 3 days mark (immediately above) may be held on account for use for up to 6 months. These funds are non-transferable.
Please note: After your purchase is confirmed we will email you a confirmation.