T10 – Che’il Chocolate Making+
$84 per person
It’s “Maya madness” on this tour that takes you to two great Maya adventures. First up is Ch’eil Mayan Products, an organic cacao farmer and chocolate maker located in the heart of the Maya area of Belize. Belize’s cacao is internationally regarded as some of the best in the world, and it goes into making some of the finest chocolate you will ever taste. Let the owners of Che’il, Julio Saqui and his wife, show you how the cacao plant goes from seed to bar. Sample Maya chocolate tea, Maya chocolate bars and other fine products to learn why the ancient Maya considered chocolate the food of the gods.
All our prices are listed in USD and are exclusive of 12.5% sales tax
You may add another activity to combine with this experience
+T10B – Banana Farm + US $23 PP
+T10C – Butterfly Farm
+T10D – Ziplining + US $63 PP
Age Recommendation: 7+ years
What to Wear
Cool comfortable jungle attire for this subtropical climate.
What to Bring
An adventurous mindset, bug repellant, sun block, your medication, comfortable and well threaded shoes and change of clothing for after water activities.
Cost:T10 - Che'il Chocolate - US $84 PP
T10A – Che'il Chocolate + Ben's Bluff Waterfall - US $93 PP T10A(i) Che'il Chocolate Making & Maya World Waterfall Swim - US $103 PP T10B – Che'il Chocolate + Banana Farm - US $107 PP T10C – Che'il Chocolate + Butterfly Farm - US $84 PP T10D Che'il Chocolate Making + Ziplining - US $147 PP T10E- Che'il Chocolate Making and Maya World River Tubing - US $147 PP T10 Che'il Chocolate Making + T3 Horseback Riding US $169 PP T4C - Moderate Hiking, River Tubing and Chocolate Making US $135 PP
RT Transportation, entrance fees, tour guide and gear, park fees, lunch, bottled water and towels.
Time: Departs: 8:00 AM
*Returns: 2:00 PM
RT travel time: 1.75 hours
Easy – Making chocolate the traditional Maya way is the Che’il experience. You’ll be guided from seed to product which will give you the chance to get a hands-on feel of how cacao products are made.
Questions about this tour? Send us an email or call +(501) 523-3066 or WhatsApp/direct dial +(501) 629-9602. We will love to help you plan your Belize tours and activities.
All tours need a minimum number of participants to be confirmed.
Tours may be cancelled because of unsafe weather conditions and if minimum number of participants requirement is not met. We promise to update you as soon as possible if there are any changes with your tour.
To confirm any reservation a valid Master Card, Visa, or AMEX credit card is required at booking.
We appreciate your trust in us and we promise to provide you with peace of mind when you book with Barefoot Services.
We encourage you to purchase Travel Insurance to cover cancellation fees or date changes or unforeseen circumstances, we have no control over.
- To confirm your booking, a deposit of 50% is required immediately, full payment must be received within 16 days of service begin date.
- Kindly note that the confirmation invoice reflects charges in BZE Dollars.
- Barefoot Services reserves the right to charge client’s credit card a reservation deposit
- Cancellations are only accepted in writing.
- Cancellations received more than 15 days prior to service begin date receive 85% refund.
- Cancellations received within 15 days of service begin date receive 65% refund
- Cancellations received within 7 days of service begin date receive 45% refund
- Cancellations received within 3 days of service begin date receive no refund
- 90% of all cancellation fees outside the 3 days mark (immediately above) may be held on account for use for up to 6 months. These funds are non-transferable.
Please note: After your purchase is confirmed we will email you a confirmation.