T17B – Ixcacao Chocolate and Spice Farm
$129 per person
Ixcacao Chocolate and Spice Farm Description
Get to know your chocolate from bean to bar! In this fascinating visit to the Ixcacao Chocolate Farm, you can learn all about how chocolate is made. You will see cacao plants and cacao seeds. You’ll watch Juan and Abelina, the farm’s Maya owners, demonstrate the process of making your own chocolate starting from “seed” using heirloom stone tools. End the tour by indulging in some Maya-made hot chocolate and delicious chocolate samples.
Next stop is the wonderful Belize Spice Farm and Botanical Gardens. Here you can wander 500 acres of orchards, flower gardens and exotic jungle trees filled with tropical birds of every color. The spices grown on this farm include cardamom, vanilla, allspice, nutmeg and black pepper. Learn about the many uses of spices, their health-giving benefits and the ways they can transform ordinary food. You will never look at your spice rack the same way again.
All our prices are listed in USD and are exclusive of 12.5% sales tax
Age Recommendation: 7+ years
What to Wear
Cool comfortable jungle attire for this subtropical climate.
What to Bring
An adventurous mindset, bug repellant, sun block, your medication, comfortable and well threaded shoes and change of clothing for after water activities.
Cost:T17B - Ixcacao and Spice Farm- US $102 PP
RT Transportation, entrance fees, tour guide and gear, park fees, lunch, bottled water and towels.
Time: Departs: 8:00 AM
*Returns: 3:00 PM
RT travel time: 2 hours
Questions about this tour? Send us an email or call +(501) 523-3066 or WhatsApp/direct dial +(501) 629-9602. We will love to help you plan your Belize tours and activities.
All tours need a minimum number of participants to be confirmed.
Tours may be cancelled because of unsafe weather conditions and if minimum number of participants requirement is not met. We promise to update you as soon as possible if there are any changes with your tour.
To confirm any reservation a valid Master Card, Visa, or AMEX credit card is required at booking.
We appreciate your trust in us and we promise to provide you with peace of mind when you book with Barefoot Services.
We encourage you to purchase Travel Insurance to cover cancellation fees or date changes or unforeseen circumstances, we have no control over.
- To confirm your booking, a deposit of 50% is required immediately, full payment must be received within 16 days of service begin date.
- Kindly note that the confirmation invoice reflects charges in BZE Dollars.
- Barefoot Services reserves the right to charge client’s credit card a reservation deposit
- Cancellations are only accepted in writing.
- Cancellations received more than 15 days prior to service begin date receive 85% refund.
- Cancellations received within 15 days of service begin date receive 65% refund
- Cancellations received within 7 days of service begin date receive 45% refund
- Cancellations received within 3 days of service begin date receive no refund
- 90% of all cancellation fees outside the 3 days mark (immediately above) may be held on account for use for up to 6 months. These funds are non-transferable.
Please note: After your purchase is confirmed we will email you a confirmation.