T17A – Ixcacao Chocolate
$102 per person
Located in the Southern District of Belize, the Ixcacao is named for the Maya goddess of fertility and happiness. The tour allows you to experience the art of making chocolate by hand, using a stone pestle and mortar that have been in the owner’s family for five generations. Learn the history of the Maya people’s reverence for cacao and sample the amazing Maya Belizean Chocolate that is made here.
This tour is a feast for the mind, eye and taste buds. Spend the day learning about one of Belize’s prize products, its world-famous cacao. Belize’s cacao farmers are internationally recognized as producing some of the world’s greatest cacao beans and cacao products. Now you can see, smell and taste all of this chocolate goodness yourself with a tour of the Ixcacao Chocolate Farm.
All our prices are listed in USD and are exclusive of 12.5% sales tax
You may add a waterfall Swim to this experience
+T17D – Waterfall Swimming + US $27 PP
Age Recommendation: 7+ years
What to Wear
Cool comfortable jungle attire for this subtropical climate.
What to Bring
An adventurous mindset, bug repellant, sun block, your medication, comfortable and well threaded shoes and change of clothing for after water activities.
Cost:T17A - Ixcacao only - US $102 PP
T17D - Ixcacao and Waterfall Swimming - US $129 PP
RT Transportation, entrance fees, tour guide and gear, park fees, lunch, bottled water and towels.
Time: Departs: 8:00 AM
*Returns: 3:00 PM
RT travel time: 2 hours
Questions about this tour? Send us an email or call +(501) 523-3066 or WhatsApp/direct dial +(501) 629-9602. We will love to help you plan your Belize tours and activities.
All tours need a minimum number of participants to be confirmed.
Tours may be cancelled because of unsafe weather conditions and if minimum number of participants requirement is not met. We promise to update you as soon as possible if there are any changes with your tour.
To confirm any reservation a valid Master Card, Visa, or AMEX credit card is required at booking.
We appreciate your trust in us and we promise to provide you with peace of mind when you book with Barefoot Services.
We encourage you to purchase Travel Insurance to cover cancellation fees or date changes or unforeseen circumstances, we have no control over.
- To confirm your booking, a deposit of 50% is required immediately, full payment must be received within 16 days of service begin date.
- Kindly note that the confirmation invoice reflects charges in BZE Dollars.
- Barefoot Services reserves the right to charge client’s credit card a reservation deposit
- Cancellations are only accepted in writing.
- Cancellations received more than 15 days prior to service begin date receive 85% refund.
- Cancellations received within 15 days of service begin date receive 65% refund
- Cancellations received within 7 days of service begin date receive 45% refund
- Cancellations received within 3 days of service begin date receive no refund
- 90% of all cancellation fees outside the 3 days mark (immediately above) may be held on account for use for up to 6 months. These funds are non-transferable.
Please note: After your purchase is confirmed we will email you a confirmation.