HB 1 – A River Cave Expedition
$156 per person
River Cave Expedition Description
Situated in the midst of Maya mountain’s valley lies the River Cave, a two (2) hour drive from Placencia. The drive takes you as close to the river as you can get. A five (5) minute trek will lead you into the river where you’ll then begin your adventure upstream heading toward the mouth of the cave.
After a mix of paddling and walking upstream inside the cave, your guide will ask you to put your tubes aside to start hiking to the 2nd floor of the cave. Here you’ll see a number of natural stalagmite and stalactite formations and ancient artifacts left there by the ancient Maya who once used the cave for their religious/ceremonial purposes. After exploring that section of the cave, your guide will instruct you to continue your journey upstream. While going upstream you realize that the river starts where the water from the river and the ceiling meet.
After having lunch inside the cave the adventure ends floating downstream towards the exit of the cave. Although you’ll be floating down the same river you came up with, it’s an entirely new experience by itself.
Age: 7 years +
What to wear:
Cool jungle attire for this subtropical climate.
What to bring:
An adventurous mindset, bug spray, sunblock, your medication, comfortable closed-toe shoes, and a change of clothing for after-water activities.
Cost:US $156 PP
River Cave Expedition Includes:
Bottled water, lunch, transportation, tour guide, and equipment
Departure Time: 7:30 AM
End Time: 4:30 PM
Moderate – To make your way up the river you’ll need to paddle with your hands. There are some areas where you can walk instead of paddling. The most rigorous section of this experience will be when making your way to the second floor of the cave. You will need to climb over the fallen stalactites to make your way to the top.
Questions about this? Send us an email or call +(501) 523-3066 or WhatsApp/direct dial +(501) 629-9602. We will love to help you plan your Belize tours and activities.
All tours need a minimum number of participants to be confirmed.
Tours may be cancelled because of unsafe weather conditions and if minimum number of participants requirement is not met. We promise to update you as soon as possible if there are any changes with your tour.
To confirm any reservation a valid AMEX, Master Card, or Visa credit card is required at booking.
We appreciate your trust in us and we promise to provide you with peace of mind when you book with Barefoot Services.
We encourage you to purchase Travel Insurance to cover cancellation fees or date changes or unforeseen circumstances, we have no control over.
- To confirm your booking, a deposit of 50% is required immediately, full payment must be received within 16 days of service begin date.
- Kindly note that the confirmation invoice reflects charges in BZE Dollars.
- Barefoot Services reserves the right to charge client’s credit card a reservation deposit
- Cancellations are only accepted in writing.
- Cancellations received more than 15 days prior to service begin date receive 85% refund.
- Cancellations received within 15 days of service begin date receive 65% refund
- Cancellations received within 7 days of service begin date receive 45% refund
- Cancellations received within 3 days of service begin date receive no refund
- 90% of all cancellation fees outside the 3 days mark (immediately above) may be held on account for use for up to 6 months. These funds are non-transferable.
Please note: After availability is confirmed, we will email you a confirmation.