T15A – Lubaantun & Nim Li Punit Maya Temples
$116 per person
Lubaantun was first discovered and explored by archaeologists in 1905, one of the few southern maya ruins in Belize. It is an impressive Maya site that was built between 700 and 900 AD as a ceremonial site. The Maya used it for special celebrations including religious ceremonies, Maya games, consecrations and festivals.
Lubaantun is notable among Maya ruins for the unusual way it was built. Constructed of limestone bricks, it was built without mortar. The buildings are also unusual for having rounded corners. You can wander around this huge, peaceful enclave yourself or get a guided tour from the local historical experts at the Visitor’s Center.
This tour then travels the Southern Highway to the foothills of the Maya Mountains and the secluded, inviting Nim Li Punit ruins. This site is slightly smaller than Lubaantun but is equally impressive.
Nim Li Punit was built between 500 and 800 AD. Both of these Maya cities were built during the so-called Classic Period, which is when the Maya had some of their greatest achievements in terms of astronomy, engineering and mathematics. Exploring these ruins gives you a clear and vivid picture of the daily lives of this ancient, advanced civilization.
All our prices are listed in USD and are exclusive of 12.5% sales tax
Age Recommendation: 7+ years
What to Wear
Cool comfortable attire for this subtropical climate and well threaded shoes.
What to Bring
An adventurous mindset and an awesome attitude, bug repellant, sun block, and your medication.
Cost:US $116 PP
RT Transportation, park entrance fees, tour guide, lunch, bottled water/juices.
Time: Departs: 8:00 AM
*Returns: 3:00 PM
RT travel time: 4 hours
You will be exploring two maya ruins in southern Belize. Although miles apart, the journey is quite interesting with the many maya villages you will see. Many enjoy this tour because of the simplicity of it, yet it is packed full of information. This is a wonderful trip to learn about the history of the Maya and in such a lovely green district as Toledo.
Questions about this tour? Send us an email or call +(501) 523-3066 or WhatsApp/direct dial +(501) 629-9602. We will love to help you plan your Belize tours and activities.
All tours need a minimum number of participants to be confirmed.
Tours may be cancelled because of unsafe weather conditions and if minimum number of participants requirement is not met. We promise to update you as soon as possible if there are any changes with your tour.
To confirm any reservation a valid Master Card, Visa, or AMEX credit card is required at booking.
We appreciate your trust in us and we promise to provide you with peace of mind when you book with Barefoot Services.
We encourage you to purchase Travel Insurance to cover cancellation fees or date changes or unforeseen circumstances, we have no control over.
- To confirm your booking, a deposit of 50% is required immediately, full payment must be received within 16 days of service begin date.
- Kindly note that the confirmation invoice reflects charges in BZE Dollars.
- Barefoot Services reserves the right to charge client’s credit card a reservation deposit
- Cancellations are only accepted in writing.
- Cancellations received more than 15 days prior to service begin date receive 85% refund.
- Cancellations received within 15 days of service begin date receive 65% refund
- Cancellations received within 7 days of service begin date receive 45% refund
- Cancellations received within 3 days of service begin date receive no refund
- 90% of all cancellation fees outside the 3 days mark (immediately above) may be held on account for use for up to 6 months. These funds are non-transferable.
Please note: After your purchase is confirmed we will email you a confirmation.