T15C Maya Living Experience and Nim Li Punit
$112 per person
Maya Living Experience Description
The Maya civilization may have faded into history and myth, but the Maya people are very much alive. Many Maya lives in Belize and neighboring Guatemala today. Travelers interested in an authentic experience will enjoy this tour.
The Maya heritage is central to the history of Belize. One of the most important Maya dances, the Dance of the Deer, is native to Belize. You’ll see dance performances, and cooking demonstrations, take part in sacred rites, and enjoy dinner with a local Maya family. Learn about their history, their food, and their proud history of resistance to occupiers and invaders.
Age Recommendation: 7+ years
What to Wear
Cool comfortable attire for this subtropical climate and wear well-threaded shoes.
What to Bring
An adventurous mindset and an awesome attitude, bug repellant, sunblock, your medication, and comfortable and well-threaded shoes.
US $112 per person +12.5% tax
RT Transportation, entrance fees, tour guide, lunch, and bottled water/juices.
Time: Departs: 8:00 AM
*Returns: 2:00 PM
RT travel time: 2 hours
This tour includes a trip to the Maya ruins of Nim Lin Punit, an important Maya city-state where the ruins are well-preserved. You can explore them at your leisure in a beautiful jungle setting bordered by streams and mountains. You’ll experience a seamless slide from the past to the present on this total immersion into Maya history.
TOUR RESERVATION POLICY:
– 50% deposit is collected.
– Remaining payment is due 7 days prior to service begin date.
– For services that are required within 7 days, full payment is required at booking.
– Barefoot Services reserves the right to collect reservation deposit at any time.
TOUR CANCELLATION POLICY:
– 75% of the total service cost will be granted as a refund if written cancellation is received more than 7 days prior to service begin date.
– There is no refund if written cancellation is received 7 days or less prior to service begin date.
– Barefoot Services does not accept responsibility or assume any liability for failure to provide services due to delays or changes by airline et.al, illness, weather or any act to which we have no control over. We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance.
Special Note: There is no refund if written cancellation is received 14 days or less prior to service begin date in the peak times of Dec 20-Jan 5 and Easter break.