T5C – Dangriga Cultural Tour
$142 per person
Dangriga is off the beaten path and off most tourist maps of Belize. Exploring this quiet, friendly town is the perfect way to immerse yourself in an authentic Belizean experience.
We begin with a trip to Marie Sharp’s hot sauce factory. This world-famous condiment is served with pride in 22 countries and almost every table in Belize. Learn about how Marie got started and how she makes that spicy magic every day.
Next stop is the Gulisi Garifuna Museum, where you can learn about Belize’s Afro-Caribbean Garifuna people. The Garifuna are descended from slaves who escaped from a sinking slave ship. Discover their history, religion, cuisine and cultural traditions here.
This fun, educational tour ends at the Pen Cayetano Studio, an artist’s studio, gallery and music venue run by famed Garifuna artist Pen Cayetano and his wife Ingrid. The Dangriga Tour is perfect for anyone who wants to sample the true spirit of Belize in food, history and culture.
A similar experience to this which you may be interested in, is the Hopkin Cultural Tour. You will get the chance to experience authentic, home-cooked Garifuna foods while enjoying a live performance of traditional Garifuna drumming. An introductory Garifuna drumming lesson is also included.
All our prices are listed in USD and are exclusive of 12.5% sales tax
RT Transportation, entrance fees, tour guide, lunch and bottled water.
Time: Departs: 8:00 AM
*Returns: 2:00 PM
RT travel time: 2 hours
Age Recommendation: 7+ years
What to Wear
Cool comfortable attire for this subtropical climate and well threaded shoes.
What to Bring
An adventurous mindset and an awesome attitude, bug repellant, sun block, and your medication.
Questions about this? Send us an email or call +(501) 523-3066 or WhatsApp/direct dial +(501) 629-9602. We will love to help you plan your Belize tours and activities.
All tours need a minimum number of participants to be confirmed.
Tours may be cancelled because of unsafe weather conditions and if minimum number of participants requirement is not met. We promise to update you as soon as possible if there are any changes with your tour.
To confirm any reservation a valid AMEX, Master Card, or Visa credit card is required at booking.
We appreciate your trust in us and we promise to provide you with peace of mind when you book with Barefoot Services.
We encourage you to purchase Travel Insurance to cover cancellation fees or date changes or unforeseen circumstances, we have no control over.
- To confirm your booking, a deposit of 50% is required immediately, full payment must be received within 16 days of service begin date.
- Kindly note that the confirmation invoice reflects charges in BZE Dollars.
- Barefoot Services reserves the right to charge client’s credit card a reservation deposit
- Cancellations are only accepted in writing.
- Cancellations received more than 15 days prior to service begin date receive 85% refund.
- Cancellations received within 15 days of service begin date receive 65% refund
- Cancellations received within 7 days of service begin date receive 45% refund
- Cancellations received within 3 days of service begin date receive no refund
- 90% of all cancellation fees outside the 3 days mark (immediately above) may be held on account for use for up to 6 months. These funds are non-transferable.
Please note: After availability is confirmed, we will email you a confirmation.