T16A – Spice Farm & Nim Li Punit Maya Temple
$116 per person
This tour begins with a visit at the awe-inspiring Maya ruins of Nim Li Punit, where this ancient city is so well-preserved you’ll feel like you’ve stepped back in history. On this tour, you’ll get a wonderful blend of history, nature and beauty.
Belize has long been an important source of tropical spices. The Belize Spice Farm and Botanical Garden is part of that historic tradition, but it adds a modern-day twist.
Founded in 1990, the Spice Farm cultivates cacao and citrus in addition to exotic fruits, exotic wood trees like teak and mahogany, Indian spices like cardamom, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg. You will learn the history of the Spice Farm and sample some exotic specialties.
The Spice farm is an oasis of shady floral arbors and beautifully-maintained orchards, gardens and wild bird habitats. The pristine air is filled with the scent of exotic plants, spices and woods. All around are the colors and sounds of wild parrots, parakeets, hummingbirds, toucans and chachalacas.
Nim Li Punit is a very small Maya site to enjoy
Its original name is unknown, but it’s modern Maya name means “Big Hat” because Nim Lim Punit is home to a large collection of carved stelae, including one of a chieftain in an elaborate headdress or “big hat.” Despite the loveliness of the decorations, it is believed that Nim Li Punit was purely a ceremonial site for royal religious burials and other rituals.
All our prices are listed in USD and are exclusive of 12.5% sales tax
If you’re just interested in the Spice Farm, we can arrange a tour just for that. If you’d like, we can add a waterfall swim to replace the Nim Li Punit tour.
+T16B – Spice Farm and Waterfall Swim
+T16C – Spice Farm only -$14
Age Recommendation: 7+ years
What to Wear
Cool comfortable jungle attire for this subtropical climate, comfortable and well threaded shoes.
What to Bring
An adventurous mindset, awesome attitude bug repellant, sun block and your medication.
Cost:T16A Spice Farm and Nim Li Punit - US $116 PP T16B Spice Farm and Waterfall Swim - US $116 PP T16C Spice Farm Only - US $102 PP
RT ground Transportation, entrance fees, tour guide, lunch and bottled water/juices.
Time: Departs: 8:00 AM
*Returns: 2:30 PM
RT travel time: 3 hours
Questions about this tour? Send us an email or call +(501) 523-3066 or WhatsApp/direct dial +(501) 629-9602. We will love to help you plan your Belize tours and activities.
All tours need a minimum number of participants to be confirmed.
Tours may be cancelled because of unsafe weather conditions and if minimum number of participants requirement is not met. We promise to update you as soon as possible if there are any changes with your tour.
To confirm any reservation a valid Master Card, Visa, or AMEX credit card is required at booking.
We appreciate your trust in us and we promise to provide you with peace of mind when you book with Barefoot Services.
We encourage you to purchase Travel Insurance to cover cancellation fees or date changes or unforeseen circumstances, we have no control over.
- To confirm your booking, a deposit of 50% is required immediately, full payment must be received within 16 days of service begin date.
- Kindly note that the confirmation invoice reflects charges in BZE Dollars.
- Barefoot Services reserves the right to charge client’s credit card a reservation deposit
- Cancellations are only accepted in writing.
- Cancellations received more than 15 days prior to service begin date receive 85% refund.
- Cancellations received within 15 days of service begin date receive 65% refund
- Cancellations received within 7 days of service begin date receive 45% refund
- Cancellations received within 3 days of service begin date receive no refund
- 90% of all cancellation fees outside the 3 days mark (immediately above) may be held on account for use for up to 6 months. These funds are non-transferable.
Please note: After your purchase is confirmed we will email you a confirmation.